(all the links open a new window.)
1. Long, boiling hot bubble baths…so long that I bring a book or magazine in with me to read.
2. Fuzzy soft socks.
3. Wholesome fun in Branson Missouri.
4. Driving alone, blasting my music, with the window down, and the wind whipping through my hair.
5. The Duggars.
6. My wedding ring.
9. Bug hunting with my sons.
10. Taking pictures.
11. The tubs and tubs of pictures from my 30 years of life.
12. Old videos of my husband and I before we became a family of 5.
13. Quick soaking rain storms in the Summer.
14. To try beauty samples by the face!
15. Townhouse Flip Sides Pretzel crackers.
16. Stephanie and her family and blog.
17. Watching our wedding video and honeymoon video.
18. Sleeping in my son's bed when he wakes up afraid.
19. The dark blue mini van that carries around my most precious cargo.
21. The first snow of the season, when anyone or anything has yet to make tracks in it.
22. The Fall season. It's my most favorite season ever.
23. Target and Old Navy and Amazon.com.
24. Olive Garden, 54th Street Bar and Grill, Minsky's pizza, and On The Border.
25. Tree's… all types, sizes and colors.
26. The clouds.. especially the huge fluffy white ones and it's even better when they are super low to the ground.
27. Getting lost in the blue sky.
28. The moon when it's out during the day – what a special treat.
29. The glistening road after a good soaking rain.
30. The smell of everything after a good soaking rain.
32. The boys beds that their Daddy used to sleep in when he was a little guy.
33. The smell of a fireplace or fire pit burning in the crisp fall or winter air.
34. The cold chill of a Fall evening, being huddled up next to the person you love.
35. Childhood memories.
36. "Boy" movies, like xmen wolverine.
37. Notebooks – you know, the kind that have paper in them and that you use a pen to write on.
38. Attic fans and open windows and the fresh air that touches everything it comes across.
39. The smell of fresh clean laundry that has been dried on an outside line, and a clean house.
40. Tall boots, denim jeans, and bulky sweaters.
41. String cheese and pickle juice.
42. Baby animals at the zoo.
43. Small town fairs.
44. Watching the mighty Missouri river flow by at a fast pace.
45. Phone calls with best friends.
46. The sound of nothingness, the sound of my children playing nicely together, the sound of the Lord speaking to me.
47. Hummingbirds zipping past.
48. Butterfly's when they land on me.
49. Little cute mallard ducks like the two I had a children.
50. A really good hair day.
51. The smell of cut grass.
What are some of your favorite things?
These are just a few of the things that delight my senses and please my soul.
Simple pleasures in life bring about such a sense of gratitude in my heart. I love life. And I want my children to grow up appreciating, and really noticing everything around them.
The best way I know how to accomplish this is by verbalizing my joy to the boys. I have a tendency to feel an emotion and leave it there, inside my heart and mind…and if it comes out it usually does so by way of this blog.
But that is no good in sharing with my children how to appreciate and enjoy everything that God has created for us to enjoy. So I've begun to speak about all the little things that bring me great joy. Just the other day, while outside with my boys, I noticed all these adorable little honey bees next to me.
I stopped, crouched down next to them, fixed my eyes on one and took in every little thing… the funny little buzzing noise he made, the furry little body suit her wore, the beautiful colors adorning his body, and how busily be buzzed from one clover to the next. In all he did that day, and every day, he glorifies God and fulfills his purpose in life. What an amazing thing to aspire to be like… that little bee.
So this time, instead of keeping it all to myself, I called my children over to take this scenery in, too. I verbalized everything I was noticing about the little bee… the colors, the buzzing, the tiny delicate wings…
Soon my oldest son began speaking to the bee, "hi there little guy. oh you're just so cute." He spent several minutes tracking that little bee and pointing out all kinds of things that brought joy to his heart.
Now instead of keeping all these joyful little experiences to myself I make it a point of sharing with my children in hopes that they'll also find great happiness in the little things going on around us that are just waiting to be noticed and appreciated.
I thought a post about my husband would make me happy, lift my mood and remind me of how blessed I AM — how many people I have in my life that really do care, with him being number one on that list!
Here are 50 things I love, reasons he is rad and why we rock as a couple!
1. He is funny.
2. He has the best laugh.
3. He has a beautiful smile.
4. He isn’t too deep.
5. But just deep enough.
6. He doesn’t let things bother him.
7. And if he does, he lets it go quickly.
8. He is very loyal.
9. And honest.
10. He’s got beautiful, long, thick eye lashes.
11. And the perfect nose. I think about noses a lot, since I hate mine.
12. I could get lost in his light brown eyes.
13. Sometimes they appear green. Love that.
14. He’s a hard worker.
15. Works over 60 hours per week right now.
16. He does so because he believes so strongly in keeping me home with the boys.
17. He’ll do anything for me and his kids.
18. He might be up for a job change and if that happens he won’t be working so hard. He is looking forward to that.
19. He makes me feel safe.
20. He makes me feel secure.
21. We are each others soft place to land.
22. He tells me he loves me every day.
23. He tells me how cute I am. (I *heart* that he calls me cute.)
24. I love that we eloped, that he was all for it, and that we got lost and almost missed our wedding. So fitting of how life can be crazy for us, but it never gets in the way of what we want.
25. He melted my heart when he cried at the birth of our sons.
26. And that he quietly supported me throughout each painful labor.
27. His patience and calm spirit is appreciated more than he probably knows.
28. The friendship we have…
29. Our love of laughter…
30. Our goofy, funny, sweet love.
31. I appreciate that he doesn’t see things as “mans work” or “woman’s work”.
32. Yes ladies, he does the dishes and laundry when asked.
33. And he takes care of all three kids when I’ve had a long day and need a nap.
34. We call each other Team T —- we really are the perfect team. I love that he feels the same way.
35. Its fun that we both have the same interests in movies and places to eat, makes it easy and natural when we go out.
36. He’s captured my heart in deep ways a few times in our relationship…
37. With the birth of our first son, seeing him as a Father for the first time.
38. The early morning when I found out about my brother and the months following that. He quietly held me so I could unload my body shaking sorrow.
39. And when my Mother tried to end her life. I was pregnant, he was concerned, but he didn’t tell me how to feel or act, he simply was there to love me, hold me, be the quiet gentle force I needed.
40. He can always be relied on.
41. He never lets anyone down.
42. His word is his word. Its never broken.
43. He’s just enough kid, mixed with just enough grown up and it makes things fun.
44. He’s sexy.
45. He’s hot.
46. He’s got a cute little butt.
47. When he is around, he just plain makes me happy.
48. Seeing him play with our boys, knowing he won’t let them down like my bio Dad did with me, well, it’s truly priceless.
49. I wish my own Father was more like my husband…that should speak volumes to what a great Daddy he is. So great, I’d love someone like him for my own Father.
50. Despite my flaws, he loves me like he’s loved no other.
Lets throw one more in…
51. I know we’ll spend the rest of our lives together, I have no fears that he might wander, or leave, or grow distant from me. This man is the picture of loyalty, commitment and deep love.
He is my better half.
Ms. totally-adorable-sexy-hot-Mama, Carrie Lauth tagged me for a 25 things meme. I needed a fun post after all the painful ones I’ve been penning lately, so I thought this would be perfect!
1. I have a wee bit of a innocent crush on Justin Hartley - AKA the Green Arrow on Smallville.
2. I have a wee bit of an innocent crush on Tom Welling - AKA Super Man on Smallville.
3. I have a wee bit of a not-so innocent crush on A.D. - AKA my husband
4. I think wiener dogs are adorable, funny and charming.
5. I started my first blog in 2005 but really only took a huge liking to blogging when I started my Mommy blog.
6. You’ll find me on twitter every day.
7. I’ve not worked outside the home in five years this Fall.
8. I hope to never work outside the home again.
9. But I’d like to get back into volunteer work in my local community.
10. I’d love to build a Habitat for Humanity house this year.
11. And take part in three walks for charity (breast cancer, autism and Alzheimer’s)
12. I’m a pretty real person. I am honest and open. And I’ve been a lot more transparent in my writing lately.
13. The comments/love I’ve received on a very hard post to write humbled me and wrapped by broken heart in love.
14. I’m an affiliate marketer. I own content websites as my main source of affiliate income.
15. I am branching out and expanding how I earn affiliate income via a comparison website (when it’s completed I will share it on this blog) and earning money from blogging.
6. Not sure I’ve ever wanted to go somewhere as badly as I want to go to blogher09 this year and bilssdom next year (Still looking for a sponsor).
17.I’ve met more dear friends online than ever offline.
18. I wish these dear friends lived in my area.
19. My all time favorite dream in life involves a guitar, my voice and an audience.
20. God gave me a vision several years ago that I’d be standing in front of an audience doing “something” for him.
21. I’ve never owned a brand spanking new vehicle and never cared to.
22. We don’t have credit card debt.
23. We don’t make car payments.
24. Been with my husband for 11 years, married almost 7.
25. Unless it’s a ‘God Thing’ this will be our last baby.